"Landis Reed Homes gave us the craftsmenship and flexibility we were looking for. We couldn't have found a better fit for our needs."
Build On Your Own Lot
You dreamed about doing your own planning and custom home on your own lot, but have never been able to bring this to reality.
TODAY IS THE DAY!
Build your new home on your own lot, land and let us help pick out your perfect plan. If you do not have a lot or location, ask us to help to identify a lot for you in any part of these counties: Iredell, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Cabarrus and Union.
For specific information, please contact us.
Select a Lot
In Charlotte or out of town, we will look at about anywhere your family would like. If you own your own lot, bring us a survey to begin. If you do not own your lot, give us a call and we can research the area in which you want to live. It's that simple!
Pick a Plan
Either pick a plan in our library or bring us your custom plan you have in mind. We have access to numerous plans and an architect that can design your plan from scratch. Keep in mind, building one of our plans from of our personal library gives us the best pricing opportunity because of historical data. Please go to houseplanservice.com to see our custom opportunities. Michael Chitwood would be happy assist you with any plans.
Landis Reed Builders has a number of banking relationships that can help you along the way. Consult your Landis Reed representative about the best bank in our stable for your needs.
We strive to make this a one stop process, totally turn-key and hassle free.
With us you will review several financial packages that will be tailored to your family's needs. The great thing about this process is that we can create a "one-time" close upfront before construction begins. You along with your personal builder/partner control where the money is spent. It's that easy!
We are here to help you on this end as well. Some of our banking partners include BB&T, First Bank and Bank of North Carolina to name a few.
Site Visit and Evaluation
Part of the planning is to have a true understanding of the lot on which we build your dream home. We will need to discuss and personally view the topography as well as securing an engineer's report on the septic field, any well considerations and/or compaction tests for a safe building pad. Our builder / partner will handle these environmental circumstances professionally with you and your family. It may be as easy as the city water and sewer exists, but we have to evaluate the situation with you and your family.
Enter into a Landis Reed Builders contract agreement with the plan, lot and financing arrangements spelled out for the clarity of all parties.
In our design room, all option and color selections will be made to complete the contract. All signatures are finalized at this point. Any changes beyond this point will be handled in a change order format.
All administrative paperwork to be completed to the attorney and internal Landis Reed representatives to be processed.
*We have great vendor relationships that we can send you and your family if you desire specialized flooring, lighting, cabinets and typically these vendors have their own showrooms. This truly is the fun part of the buying process.
Meet with your personal builder / partner to discuss communication about the blueprint in hand of what we are going to build along with an itemized specification and options sheet signed off on by all parties. This is a vital part of the process and we want you to be 100% satisfied with the direction we are taking. Four personal meetings will occur during the building of your new home along with weekly telephone calls for updates. This is the personal attention you desire and you will get.
Dale Fussell, attorney at law, will close your loan. His office is located at 447 S. Sharon Amity, Charlotte, NC 28211. His office phone number is 704-365-6515. His paralegal staff will be available to answer any closing questions.
Permits are pulled and you and your personal builder/partner are off and running.
Stages of Construction and Key Points
1. Clear, Grade
7. Sheetrock – Paint
9. Finish - Final Touches
Warranty, Move In, Orientation Day
Your personal builder / partner sets up an appointment to walk through and give you an orientation of your new home along with explaining your ten year warranty policy we give to you with Bonded Builders (www.bondedbuilders.com).
Six reasons why build on your own lot makes sense with Landis Reed builders
1. Experience – The partners of Earle Steele, Steve Brusko have a combined 50+ years of homebuilding experience with major corporate backgrounds like D.R. Horton, Pulte, Centex and David Weekly homes to name a few. These experiences along with the pride they take in their everyday interactions with the public translate into a great experience for you and your family
2. Buying Power – What you pay is quite often a derivative of historical data and refinement. If you pick a plan in our plan library, you will have a better pricing opportunity for us to deliver this product to you at a discounted price.
3. Warranty – Plain and simple. Bonded Builders' 10 year warranty policy is the best in the entire industry hands down.
4. Special Financing – We have refined and cultivated special banking arrangement such as reduced closing costs, special interest rates and unique incentives with our banking partners because of the bulk of the business we do with them in this program. Doing this alone, you could not garner these terrific financial savings.
5. Personal Attention – Weekly and even daily update calls from your builder / partner stating his progress on the home. Four personal onsite appointments with your builder going through the progress of your home.
6. Land Consulting – we have extensive backgrounds in land development scenarios between Steve and Earle. We also have inside developer contacts to numerous award-winning communities in the Charlotte MSA. Pick an area you want to live and we will find you your dream homesite.
Landis Reed Build on Your Own Lot Seminars
Landis Reed builders offers several in depth seminars during the calendar year to discuss, educate and explain why our system is simply the best. Topics we will cover during our seminar are:
• Why build Landis Reed
• Our Turn Key Process
• Vendor Advantages
• Land Consulting Services
• Pricing Advantages
• Benefits of your Personal / Builder Partner
• Why Company Size Does Not Matter
Contact Craig Duckworth at (704) 502-3508 or Earle Steele at (704) 728-7815 for more information.